It’s been a very long time since the last post but we have not been idle. In fact, we have come quite a long way and many of our goals have been or are being met. Between work on the house and our day jobs, there has been little time to post here. However, we are at the stage now where we would like to invite our readers to have a look for themselves. The technical open house is a chance to see the mechanicals and air sealing before the walls get closed up.
Here are some highlights:
- Wall insulation: Redstone PURA, a mineral-based capillary-open board
- Roof and cellar insulation: Roxul mineral wool
- Air sealing: pro clima Intello & DA, pro clima tapes
- Ventilation: Lunos ego and e2 “through wall” ventilation system
- Windows: Rieder unpainted Douglas fir frames treated with larch oil, triple pane
- Skylights: Lumilux FE
- HVAC: Mitsubishi mini splits/ducted
- Hot water heater: GE Geospring heat pump
Please join homeowners and designers, Bettina Johae and Daniel Herskowitz on Sunday, June 15 from 12 – 3pm. Harald Hefel of Amnova/Hefel Masonry will be present to answer questions about Redstone PURA mineral board. Send us an email if you would like to attend.